Romy Cabacungan, MD, FACR, FACP
- Bachelors of Science in Business Administration – University of California at Riverside – Riverside, CA
- Doctor of Medicine – Fatima College of Medicine – Philippines
- Residency in Internal Medicine – University of New Mexico – Albuquerque, NM
- Fellowship in Rheumatology – University of New Mexico – Albuquerque, NM
- Board Certification in Internal Medicine
- Fellow of the American College of Rheumatology
- Board Certified in Rheumatology
Dr Cabacungan was a practicing Hospitalist and Associate Professor of Internal Medicine at the University of New Mexico (UNM). He then completed his Fellowship in Rheumatology at UNM where he was Co-Chief Fellow. Dr Cabacungan was involved in multiple studies involving lupus and opioid use, lupus and marijuana use, and improvement in the success and quality of arthrocentesis. Dr Cabacungan is married with 3 beautiful children. He finds great satisfaction in volunteering in the community by mentoring at Big Brothers & Big Sisters, fundraising for March of Dimes March for Babies, and fundraising for UNM Neonatal ICU. He also loves spending time with his family; and enjoys tennis and golf.
AARA Locations: Tucson
Although each of us came to the group from different backgrounds and experiences, we share a vision about how to deliver our services to those who need them in our community. It is centered on effectiveness and efficiency provided in a caring and civil environment. It was the challenges of diagnosing and customizing treatment to the individual that drew us to rheumatology. The evolution of our technology sustains the hope that we can make a difference every day to our patients.