Areena Swarup, MD
- M.D. – Lady Hardinge Medical School – New Delhi, India
- Residency in Internal Medicine – St. Louis University School of Medicine
- Fellowship in Geriatric Medicine and Rheumatology – University of Pennsylvania
- Fellowship in Rheumatology – University of Chicago Hospitals
- Board Certified – Geriatric Medicine
- Board Certified – Rheumatology
- Board Certified – Clinical Bone Densitometry
- Member of American College of Physicians and American College of Rheumatology
During her fellowships, Dr. Swarup published research papers on scleroderma and inflammatory muscle diseases and received an award for the best clinical fellow. She has written and published several articles relating to geriatrics and rheumatology. Her husband, Vijay Swarup, MD, is a cardiologist in the Valley where they are raising twin children.
AARA Locations: Paradise Valley and Mesa
Although each of us came to the group from different backgrounds and experiences, we share a vision about how to deliver our services to those who need them in our community. It is centered on effectiveness and efficiency provided in a caring and civil environment. It was the challenges of diagnosing and customizing treatment to the individual that drew us to rheumatology. The evolution of our technology sustains the hope that we can make a difference every day to our patients.